Friday, April 15, 2016

First Lasts

There comes a time in life where things you love come to an end and today I am experiencing my "first last" when it comes to dance. Today is the last time I will ever try out for the Kennedy Varsity Dance Team which I have tried out and been a part of for the last three years. It is very bitter sweet.
      I will not miss the nerves of tryout week or having to be three places at once and being the "young duckling" on the team(what the seniors called us freshmen year). But I will miss getting the phone call and excitement of being told I am on the team, getting to meet many new people and welcome them into our Kennedy Dance Team family like they did to me 3 years ago, learning new choreography spending every day of the summer at early morning practices with my favorite people. I have one year left and I am going to make the most of this however this year will be very different from the past three considering I along with the other 7 senior girls have big shoes to fill and a lot of responsibilities to meet.
      It is  now our time after the long a waited three years to pick out the clothing we wear to football games and camp. What dances we do at half time, where to have team meals and what to have to eat at them. It is also our turn to lead the team and create a new powerhouse. Although knowing this is the first of many lasts I will experience this year I think it is time, I believe us eight juniors, soon to be seniors are ready for the challenge and to bring new ideas to the team. Not only do we need to lead the team but we need to also figure out and plan for our futures.
       So in a way this year isn't only going to be a year filled with lasts, but also a year filled with numerous new beginnings that have been long awaited.

No comments:

Post a Comment