Monday, April 11, 2016

Stay Hydrated

As a dancer it is very important that we keep our bodies healthy due to the strenuous activities we put it through. One of the hardest things for me is to stay hydrated. Crazy I know. I am the type of person that thinks if I am not thirsty then I don't need to drink anything. However, this is very bad for my body because once you think you are thirsty you are already dehydrated. Hydration may seem like a minuscule of a problem but in the large scheme of things it can cause countless issues.
        Not only does it cause big issues but it also causes small ones like headaches and such. Nobody likes headaches but if you drink the right amount of water you can reduce the amount of headaches you get by about half. I know this from personal experience. Not only does it do that but staying hydrated improves how you feel over all. Ever since I have stayed hydrated I have a lot more energy, I am more lively and talkative. It is easier for me to focus and I am a million times more productive. I am also happier. Not to mention I haven't got sick since I have been regulating my water intake.
      So here are some things that you can do to make sure you are staying hydrated.
        Set goals for how much water you should drink before a certain time and make sure you reach that goal.
      Then you must make sure you always have a water bottle with you so you can actually drink it.
        Next if you do not necessarily like water or would prefer to drink something else then you can buy water flavor enhancers. They make many different brands and flavors and they have zero calories. When ever I squeeze these in my water I can't stop drinking it because it is so good.
       These silly trick have made my life more lively and fun. If I knew a year ago that all it would take was more water to improve how I felt then I would have been a happy camper. However, it is never too late to start a good new habit and keeping yourself hydrated is one that you will not regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment